20070719

the positive look

"you stay so near your workplace. you don't have to wake up too early on work days. you're doing what you like to do at work. you're spoiled, you won't know what the real world is like."

so it was said to me.

but let me see it this way:

"this is a great blessing. from 30 minutes by train to work, it is now 30 minutes walk. i will be thankful. it is a big world out there, and i will face my own set of challenges. and the panel clinic - two in fact - are in the town area nearby. how good can God be to me?"

anyway, i just paid my panel doc a visit.

doc: i haven't seen you in a long while. you're still working in this company?
me: yes
doc: how long have you been there?
me: coming to two years.
doc: the last time you came was... last year?
me: (wow, you remember me?)
doc: since you so seldom use your card. why not use it for other things? come for a check-up or something?
me: oh, okay sure. thanks.

it was difficult to talk in my condition. a very short drive later, i was home and sleeping the night and most of the following day away.

2 comments:

hlpe said...

not feeling well?

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the person who said that to you, about you not knowing what the real world is.

I think we both know it very well ;)

That's why we work only 8 minutes drive away, no jam, no need to wake up too early... what more could we ask? Indeed a great blessing!