20070424

runaway

i'm looking for a sign
to show me how to cross this distance
and leave this all behind

i want to run away but there is no motion
just lifeless moments locked outside
and all that's left are tears to cool the sun

will you reach out to me
and pull me through a world of sorrow?
to where I'm meant to be
from the dark into the light?

everything here is grey
please tell me that there is such a place

where hearts will never be broken
dreams will not ever die
souls are never searching
or crying out for a reason why

where love is everlasting
a place where there are no more fears
far away from here

i want to go far away from here
i want to fly far away from here...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are times when I'd like to go home too. But that is not up to us to decide. So until that day, be strong and courageous and come what may, face it nevertheless. The One who is in us is greater than the one who is in the world.

hlpe said...

if you find that place, can i go too? Sounds like heaven, maybe it is, where there'll be no more tears or sorrow,where every smile would spring from within. Meaningful poem, trully from the heart, who says u cant write =)